08-06-2019, 04:31 AM   #18
Pic18
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18' F80 Comp, Spec E46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miko M View Post
If i may ask: Knowing to rev-match what's the point to have one?
It's a habit where you don't even think, you just do it. It's programmed in your subconscious mind. Which means you are doing it without knowing it!
Ultimately the "heal/toe" technique is a racing technique that is required and regularly used on the race track (I race a Spec E46 so I am familiar). That said it is not really necessary or required in 95% of street driving.

For me personally, with my size 13 feet, the only time I feel totally comfortable heal/toeing is under threshold or at least hard braking (I lift my heal rather than roll my foot), and it usually requires the use of driving shoes. I guess one could argue that is a technique issue, but once again I do not see the need to pretend I am a race car driver on the street.

For me being able to still have the control of the clutch and ability to select the gears myself is all the satisfaction I need and hearing the car perfectly rev match for me is actually satisfying. Yes there are rare occurrences on the street where I want to do it myself and on the track I would like to have that option in a mode other than sport plus, but I think it is a great feature that should continue but should have an on and off option no matter the mode.
Appreciate 4
Miko M6653.50
M 4EVER191.00
GearRex193.50