08-05-2019, 07:39 PM   #15
Miko M
///M
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C. 2020 X3M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pic18 View Post
After getting used to it I actually really like the rev-match feature and think it can actually add a bit of fun to street driving. That said I do not know why it can't just be a separate button that you turn on and off at will. When it is useful to you turn it on, when it is not turn it off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankiebones View Post
I am ok with Rev Matching as long as it can be disabled in Sport+. The later models (F80 before it went out of production and F82s made in recent months) have Rev Matching in all 3 throttle maps.

I had 50k miles on my 16 F80 when I jumped into an M3 CS. The Rev Matching was VERY inconsistent the entire time, would work for a day and then not work for a week...it was insane.
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainaudio View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pic18 View Post
After getting used to it I actually really like the rev-match feature and think it can actually add a bit of fun to street driving. That said I do not know why it can't just be a separate button that you turn on and off at will. When it is useful to you turn it on, when it is not turn it off.
\\

Exactly the way I feel.
If i may ask: Knowing to rev-match what's the point to have one?
It's a habit where you don't even think, you just do it. It's programmed in your subconscious mind. Which means you are doing it without knowing it!
seis-speed2430.50