First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: ‘23 M3 Comp xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasmikechen View Post
Love the UFO reference, hope it's a call-back to the drivers meeting 🤣🤣

Wish I got more seat time yesterday, but tires gave out. Wonder if they didn't cool between sessions enough, might bring a sprayer next time 😬 If anyone asks, they were MPS4S, with 3500 miles on them. Maybe 8 or 9 20 minute track sessions, two events.

Nice to meet you there! Once I get new tires I'll be glad to meet up at some events. Thanks for teaching me how cool the lap timer was and letting us try out those carbon buckets! I don't think my lap times reflect you chasing me down, that or manual shifting slowed me significantly 😉

I also went 4 wheels off right before (or just after?) you. I think it was my tires failing or overheating, as I never had trouble with that section before. The track monitor had to be questioning his eyes when he had to talk to two G80s in a row 🤣
Hahah yeah I’m glad you found me and got the reference and it was too bad you couldn’t finish the day. My tires were melting also but I only have 5, 20 min session on them & about 3K miles maybe.

Pretty sure we both went off on the same lap, but I’m not sure lol I tried to go full throttle into turn 1 and as the weight transferred I had too much steering input. Needless to say, I didn’t make that mistake again! Definitely an “oh shit” moment going sideways towards the cement blocks at 85mph. I’m proud of my recovery ability! Shout out to Ximian for teaching me some good skills during the winter driving school, I definitely used what I learned yesterday.

The paint job got a few battle scars from the rocks, but that’s what it’s all about, right? 🤣

Hope to see you (and maybe some other G8Xs) out on the tracks this season!
Appreciate 2
Ximian1961.00