View Single Post
      03-20-2023, 07:37 AM   #140
BmwFanBoy94
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M4CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Crap View Post
So they send you all of that the moment you put an order in. I'm unsure if its a legal requirement or just a dressed up way of selling you GAP and tyre insurance under the banner of 'duty of care' along with any finance you may take out.

It's dealer led as it doesn't come from BMW and often has nothing to do with the vehicle purchase directly.

Nevertheless, with that purchase/loyalty history you clearly deserve a shot at one. If BMW are basing their selection based on brand history/spend then that's better than the Porsche GT method of flipping cars back to main dealers, buying their unwanted stock and any other things to 'build a relationship'
So I’ve had a call today from a group/dealer and they’ve confirmed to me they have 3 build slots, one sold, two showing as not sold with no customers allocated to them. They’re waiting on MD response to see if they can allocate me one of those cars, should hear back from them later today.

So questioned their process in terms of their process being different to majority of other dealers, and the SA has said the situation with the CS is slightly different to CSL as BMW UK didn’t like the way the process for CSL was going so essentially they’ve assigned cars to different dealers and the quantity of CS’s they get is dependent on how many M cars they’ve sold over the years, and it’s then up to dealers to choose customers.

I think there actually might be SOME truth to this, as it potentially takes customers bad feelings away from the dealer if they chose not to assign the car to a certain customer? Might be a good chance the dealers are actually assigning the cars they’re guaranteed to customers and not BMW UK.

If this is true and they really do have two build slots which they say are due June/July, I will be cancelling deposit with current dealer and just taking up the allocation which is availabile.

Said the slot isn’t locked in and is amendable up until first week of next month.

Also got off the phone to another group just to grab some info, they said they’ve got an allocation for one person who had a BMW Car history of just ONE M car and 3 standard BMWS over last few years. If I don’t get one either in way too late or just extreme bad luck 😁
Appreciate 0