View Single Post
      12-30-2023, 12:48 PM   #28
Noddy335i
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW F82 M4 Competition

Going to keep the BMW booking for the 9th but I have a good news update !

Yesterday I received the V5 for the Porsche Macan GTS I traded in for the M4 having transferred off the personal plate.
I took the V5 to the BMW dealer in Colchester to obtain the £500 deposit refund.
On the way I did a bit of spirited driving (that G82 deserves, love it) and the car started driving in 8th when cruising at normal speeds.
Today it has also selected 8th as it should so hopefully the problem is resolved.
I do put the issue down to needing a decent amount of miles to clear the OPF after the previous owner only doing 9k miles in 2 and a half years. I’ve done 450 miles in a week to try and clear it.
When I was at the Colchester dealer I manageage to speak with the head technician and he admitted they have had a couple at least with low mileage where they have replaced the OPF under warranty. He mentioned it only happens on low mileage cars in his experience that don’t get a lot of motorway miles which makes sense knowing how the regen works.
Nethertheless I will keep the appointment on the 9th Jan so they can run diagnostics.
MPG has increased from 20 to 30 on motorway drives which I am also glad to see. The Macan only got 26 😞 and smiles per mile were nowhere near the M4, Macan was a mistake purchase as was any other SUV I had previously such as X6 M50d, great cars but not for me.
Loved my previous F82 and am now a happy owner of the G82, finally now the issue is resolved 🥰
911 996 C2
E90 325i M sport
Appreciate 1
AnthonyR233.00