botan22
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X3 xDrive30i

Quote:
Originally Posted by LookBothWays View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by spectrumphoto View Post
Here is my current experience. Granted I have purchased several cars from this Dealer/SA. I believe only time I ever had to do a "token" deposit was when I did ED several years ago, otherwise never had to place a deposit. Dealer does need to run a Credit App to lock in current rates and promotions. If when you pick up your car and rates/promotions are better then dealer should run a new application and apply current rates/promos.... I doubt things will be getting better for the time being. I locked my deal in September and since then programs have gotten worse and MF has gone up twice so far, so it looks like I'll be using Sept Programs at this point.

Local laws might affect "deposit rules" I believe in California dealerships are required by law to give back your deposit (not 100% on that) Personally I would never work with a dealership that would not refund a deposit, especially in this market where Dealerships need and are selling every car they have. Average Days on lot for a new car is sitting at 9 days from my understanding.
Ended up going to another dealer today. They seem more customer friendly as the deposit is returnable. With the hunger drive credit and finance credit it shaved a bit off but other than that it is MSRP. Don't think I'll do much better in this area at this time so placed the order.
What was the language on paper regarding returnable nature of the deposit?
Appreciate 0