United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M4, BMW X5 45e

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onesie View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjx View Post
Link to the exact time he helps settle the AWD vs. RWD debate for on-track, perfect conditions performance:
https://bit.ly/3CyLN3i (had to convert to bit.ly since the forum removes the time marker and embeds the video in place)

"In the rear wheel drive car, you have to come away from the throttle.
I kept it absolutely nailed then.
Honestly, if you're gonna get yourself an M3, THIS is the one to have. It's the one I'd have.
Didn't think I'd say that once, but yeah, a four wheel drive M3 is DEFINITELY the M3 to have."

Also, the xDrive was faster around the track by half a second, compared to their other RWD G80 M3. Exact same conditions, same driver, same day. About 1% faster for that track in perfect conditions.
I see you comment on every thread, and I noticed on your signature you ordered an xdrive. It's a choice, and it's great you feel better about your choice, but for people that want a car that's fun to drive BMW didn't leave any choice.

There's only one variant, and it happens to be RWD. Unfortunately I suppose. It'd be nice to be able to choose between RWD and AWD.
Agreed - they should have offered an AWD variant for people who want to drive Manual. I've driven manuals for 7 years before I gave them up, and I've also driven the manual G82. I get why people would want that and respect that. But given most supercars/hypercars are automatic, you can't say their owners are not having fun - a manual is not a prerequisite for fun for all people. Many people have more fun in automatics (including me despite my history with manuals).

There's no reason for anyone driving an automatic to get RWD though since the AWD can dynamically be switched to RWD. Except if they are getting the M Drivers package and are routinely over 155 mph (through 180 mph). Or $4k breaks the bank.

I do comment on this regularly not because of AWD vs RWD (my current 435i is RWD), but because I just feel compelled to state the objective truth when people seem to state, to reuse a phrase, "alternative facts".
________4158.50
02M3ForMe4257.00