View Single Post
      11-04-2021, 04:16 PM   #19
LOW4LYF
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 & F85 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBMWX3 View Post
It is interesting time for car shoppers and the manufacturers. Hopefully we will see some interesting lessons learned.

Some people see things as must haves while others don't. Maybe car manufacturers can leverage this to make options more plug and play in the future. Make it easy to add a HUD, SiriusXM, etc after build. Then have a sales opportunities around these additions after build.

Other than having to get Summer Tires on my X3, a number of subtractions could have been made and I would have been perfectly fine. HUD, Sirius, Lumbar, Touchscreen are all items that I would have considered giving up. The M40i engine and driving still would have won me over when compared to a loaded Mazda CX9 (which was in my test drive).

No, it goes the other way around. All features will be onboard and active via software if you pay for it.

The easiest way to make money is copy and build the same thing over and over.

If you can live without all the features, why buying BMW at all and paying premium?

If I don't need leather dash, soft close etc. why not pick another brand for 20K less?
My first BMW was a E32 which I bought 25 years ago. This tank was from another planet and nothing but nothing was even close to it back in the day! Premium...
Appreciate 0