View Single Post
      11-04-2021, 05:32 AM   #21
Patton250
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW X3,M5,Turbo S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest View Post
BMW is widely seen in investment community as laggard in EV game. This is clear as they are very confused and have very limited offering and losing a lot to Daimler and VW.

I sampled some EVs that drove very well. And - they will only get better, infrastructure will only get better. BMW needs to push M into EV future and commit to it properly. THey cannot, and this is gonna hurt them.

IX and i4 is not it... the design is an issue. EVs need to look sleek and beautiful as their platform allows it.. and Ix and I4 is not pretty. :S
As we get forced into EV by people who are convinced we are all dead if we don’t I am going to be thoroughly amused as I watch all these things run out of juice and pull off to the side of the road littering the highways. Also can you imagine these charging stations of which you had better get busy building them absolutely everywhere there is a gas station now but now instead of fueling up in less than five minutes there will be lines of people waiting to hook their cars up for at least 15 minutes to an hour. So you have some problems. You’ve got a lot of work to do. You have to build hundreds of thousands of charging stations all over Europe , North America and the other continents that are pushing this down the citizens throats. What kind of carbon footprint will that be? That’s a lot of building and construction. Then you’re going to have to hire gas using tow trucks to collect these vehicles as they run out of juice all over the place. This is going to be a total mess if it’s allowed to continue the way it is now.

Now if you would just allow capitalism to move it forward naturally then people can make choices whether they want these vehicles or not. Obviously you like them so you’ll buy one and I think that’s awesome. There are many others like you. If the market naturally starts to change to EV vehicles than the infrastructure will change to accommodate that. Let capitalism work. If this is forced upon us like it is right now it will be a nightmare and a calamity.

Lastly reading your comment you make it sound as if the whole world obviously wants these things and BMW and other slow auto manufactures changing over are making a mistake. I assure you sir you are in the minority on this but you do happen to have most governments on your side especially the European Union. So you feel confident that this is wanted by most people when it’s not. I realize a lot of the people on your side don’t care about that and are fully on board with forcing it on the people of the earth but I just don’t want you to be mistaken thinking you are in the majority. I would argue you’re not even close to the majority.

Meanwhile I’m proud of BMW for sticking with some ice options especially being in Europe with that type of government pressure on their throats. Good for you guys BMW. Stick to it.
Appreciate 12
ASAP10151.50
Mavus2027.50
J-RO2093.50
icenbp24.00
Cos270608.50
ntg442888.50
Swappy531.50
manuelf352.00
heavyD^23688.50
DanX5M0.00