Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M235i, 420i, and now the M2 CS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karmic Man View Post

GT3s and GT4s are track only cars from M Motorsports

The ethos of the CSL has always been that it is a road legal car optimised for the track
I should have been more careful with my wording. As you rightly point out, GT3/4 is purely for the track and not the road.

The F82 GTS is a track-focused road car but for my money, I would hate to drive it on the road because of many reasons but mostly, I don't want to carry 4Lt of distilled water for every time I go for a drive around town. Therefore, to me at least, it'll be more like a track car with road capabilities than the other way.

The E46 CSL, on the other hand, was a much nicer less uptight setup, imho, than the F82 GTS. I had hoped the G82 CSL would be more like the E46 CSL

I think my reasoning to be accurate because I see E46CSLs on the road but have never seen a GTS being driven around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOW4LYF View Post

The new CSL is the old GTS...
Thank you, I think they announced this last year of I recall correctly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoenG View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkoboe View Post
Does anyone know what is being discussed in question #8?

"To be clear, there will be a unique M car." Is this a new model or just a funky google translation error?
It's not google translated. It says what it says: there will be a M only car like the M1 was in the past.
Question 9 was answered like: With the M8 we partially succeeded in this mission. Nevertheless there is still one segment we're not represented in! I can't reveal more than what I just said.

Could it be the M9? A super car or a hyper car is what is missing from BMW. Are they trying to take on Lamborghini?
Attached Images