Canada
Rep
Drives: 325is,335,435,440ix coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCX5 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOW4LYF View Post
Because people still buying 2022 X7 with less options as my 2018 X5 ... lol

They just dropped the touch screen on some cars including the X7 but people still shopping like crazy. Nobody will want this vehicles in couple of years.
LOL. Several months ago when I said the shortage is helping car companies and chip producers to laugh all the way to the bank at the expense of consumers I was laughed at. A shortage plus easy credit but impatient consumers is the perfect alignment of the stars. It is great to be in the automotive and chip business right now!

Taking nothing away for the BMW management. They have done exactly what their investors expect them to do.

It is interesting that people are reporting that dealer lots that used to be full are now empty, yet even for Mercedes, their unit sales was down 30%, so technically the lots should be 30% less full, not empty. Manufacturers are getting better at minimizing cars on lots, which helps drive up demand by creating a greater sense of shortage than there is…basically shortage of anything and everything is helpful right now.

Great cars, great marketing and unstoppable consumers even with gas at record prices…will be interesting to see how this plays out in a few more quarters.

My 2 cents worth…
That's a 5 cent comment. I couldn't agree more.
Appreciate 0