Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 M60i

Garage List
2024 BMW X5 M60i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by HTTP 410 View Post
The 2-Day Teen driving school is complete and it was a resounding success! Both Johanna and her cousin, Scarlett, absolutely loved the class.

Day 1
The day began with roughly an hour of classroom work and then it was out to the track. The girls ended up being in the first car so they set the bar for those behind them. They switched between Mini Coopers and M340s for the various exercise. They started with simple follow the leader to get them all used to the cars which was smart. This was followed by the skid pad which was a hoot to watch. It has been raining for the two days before the class so the pad was soaked which, I think, made it all that more fun for them. They spent a good amount of time doing "swerving" (AKA slalom) exercises afterward. We weren't able to see them during this time, but we were told that some cones may have been injured.

They came back in for lunch, a little classroom time, and then back on the track for the remainder of the day.

At the end of the day they each said they want a Mini!

Day 2
Day two started with some classroom instruction followed by more slalom course and skid pad going the opposite direction from the day before. They said they felt more confident today than on day 1 which is great. After lunch they drove X5s on the off-road course which they said made them a bit nervous given the steep hills and banks. After that they got to sample the Z4, 240, 440, and 550. The day wrapped up with a time trial with slalom and stopping within a box and a high-speed braking exercise. Johanna was the only one [...]
Sounds like they had a great time! Nice job with the braking exercise, J!

Current - 2024 G05 X5 ///M60i in Java Green
Past - 2005 E53 X5 3.0i in Titanium Silver; 2008 E92 335i in Montego Blue; 2019 G01 X3 M40i in Glacier Silver; 2022 G80 M3 Competition in Twilight Purple
Appreciate 2
HTTP 4102141.50