View Single Post
      03-30-2022, 01:44 PM   #23
NightWriter
Colonel
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 Pure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy514 View Post
Just got off the phone, the check was disbursed today & is already in the mail to me. I asked if there was a limit of amount of checks I get re-issued, she stated she has never heard of a limit and knows of people getting multiple checks.

This is fantastic news, take advantage of the current APR & apply now. Once approved your check is sent out, give yourself 5-7 business days to call ahead of expiration date to get a new check going. This is the time it takes (only took me 2-3 days) for them to put a stop on your current check, once the stop is completed a new check is generated from that date with another 30 day extension.

This is called "Loan Maintenance" and can be done. The only downside to the whole process is paying for a vehicle that you don't own yet, for me that was perfectly fine.

Good luck!
Yeah, that is great news indeed. I'm not even sure if this is a real downside, since you'll just be paying off the loan early. Presumably any payments made can/will be refunded if anything falls through with the actual delivery for any reason?

I'll definitely be trying this hack as soon as I get my VIN... hopefully interest rates aren't 15% by then.