Canada
Rep
Drives: Porsche9114S, VolXC90T8, BMWX5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bch53211 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSP View Post
I've been at the port since Oct 14 and still waiting on RAM. lol
You’ve been at the port for over 2 months!? That’s insane. Absolutely nothing makes sense in this whole process. Why do some people get so stuck during certain points while others fly through? Is yours a US bound car? From what I’ve heard RAM does not get fixed in Europe but at the VPC in US.
Mine is coming to Canada. I believe I got caught in an unfortunate window just after RAM ran out at the factory and when some started erratically reappearing at the factories and at destination VPCs. Add to that Canada is not a relatively high volume market…we do not have a VPC (all retrofits are done at Bremerhaven)…and fixing cars at Bremerhaven disrupts the most efficient method of getting cars built after mine to customers - I got squeezed. From a business perspective, I get it…A) the majority of customers will be happy rather than an unlucky few that are being jumped over in the queue and B) BMW AG, dealers and SA have targets set on a fiscal year ending December so simple logic does not favour further disrupting the supply chain to fix those in my situation.
A relatively few of us got caught in what can only be described as "strategic business decision". I should know as I work for one of Germany's largest companies in Canada. I'm happy for those of you getting your cars and in the grand scheme of things, this is more of an annoyance rather than a real problem. And besides, at this price point I cannot think of another car that would scratch my 'dinosaur' itch for an ICE sedan, so I'll wait and live vicariously through the rest of the community on this forum until it's my turn.
Appreciate 1
Shinzzze195.50