Rep
Drives: 17 M2 DCT LBB,11 e90 M3 ZCP IB

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwt2440 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmaster20d View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBERT1183 View Post
See if they have New car replacement on your policy. That will take into account the current market and what it would cost to replace the car.
in my experience national discount insurance like Progressive, Geico, State farm etc. will not pay whole for something like an M3, their business model is based on Nickle diming by paying the least amount they can unless a judgement is made against them in the court. The adjusters don't even comprehend what an M3 is or why is it not the same as any BMW. To get something out of them you need to hire a good lawyer which in silicon valley is going to cost me more than what I can recover.

I had chubb for my photography equipment, I had to make one claim, it took one phone call and emailing a receipt, no forms, no justification, no appraisal BS...next day check arrived with overnight Fedex... different business model...
I have had Chubb and recently switched to Pure insurance. They are both outstanding. I have multiple properties, cars, valuables, umbrella policy the works. I second what you said, they hand out money like there's no tomorrow if there's an issue. People who cheap out on car insurance who are well off are insane with their exposure. And have never met a successful personal injury attorney to scare them straight. My neighbor got hosed for north of $30 million on an accident resulting in death a few years back.
That's my insurance concern, exposure to medical claims. Of course I would want an insurance company to make me whole after a car was totaled but I'm MUCH more concerned about someone getting injured and needing millions of dollars.
Appreciate 1
jwt2440180.00