ember.m4
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: G82 M4 Competition xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by GixY2K View Post
To the OP:

Go to a self-serve coin operated carwash.
- High pressure rinse
- Hand wash it with your own soap/bucket from top to bottom; use your own mitten/sponge
- High pressure rinse again
- Dry it with your own towels on-site; don't drive it wet and then dry it at your place.

Note: the key here is to be the only one in the carwash so that you can take your time without having people behind you waiting to use the stall.

On a side note:
Sold my house in CO in '18 to move to CA (Lompoc/Santa Maria area). I was hoping to jump into the housing market in CA as soon as I got there, but when I saw what I was getting form half a million dollars... small, old, questionable condition, taxes, crime, etc., I decided do a turn-n-burn and applied for the first available job back in CO. I did live in base housing in Vandenberg AFB for almost 2 years. Great accommodations, short commute, safe and access to 35mi. of coastline and front view of rocket launches

Don't get me wrong. I'm from CA. Graduated from Burbank High School, went to Glendale College and then joined the Air Force. All I can say is this. For me, the current state of CA is SAD! And without getting into politics, that is all I will say. And to my fellow Californians: I understand the struggle.
Yeah, this is pretty inline with what I've been doing, except most times I just skip the bucket wash. I have hydrophobic PPF on my car so the high pressure soap + rinse + towel actually does a decent job. My plan is to take the car in for a professional wash every now and then if the dirt starts to build up. Thanks!
Appreciate 0