View Single Post
      04-16-2024, 11:28 AM   #52
DFW_M
Major General
Rep
Drives: Macan GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilyam5 View Post
I would totally disagree with you here. No matter how many times i try to like macan. I can not find a single thing i like about it. I think this video says it best - it is good at nothing and is the most domesticated porshe in the line up.
I have m4 x and x3m and was looking for direct comparison videos

There are very few direct comparisons of macan gts and x3m especially on the track but after owning x3m for 1.5 years i can definately say it outperforms gts on the road circuit. Everything is better - acceleration, braking, cornering, mid corner balance, corner exit. X3m is definatly faster around the track. In the below video it beat gts by 7 seconds on 2 min track
Except that Macan GTS should be compared to the X3 M40 not the X3M…
And i did own every M3 or M3C (F80) and M2C since e46 (minus the e9x) and going from the G80 to the GTS left me not missing a thing about the BMW.
It is not a track car, it is not the fastest 0-60 or 1/4, but handling, sound when opened up, quietness when desired, comfort, the size, steering feel beats any BMW in current offering.

If the videos (sorry but i did not understand a word of it) are how you determine what vehicle to get next, you have no idea what are you talking about…

How about this video:

Last edited by DFW_M; 04-16-2024 at 11:35 AM..
Appreciate 0