Rep
Drives: 2022 M3

Garage List
2022 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumpinjeep View Post
The 4 & 5 were on Car and Driver's 10 Best list
https://www.caranddriver.com/feature...4/10best-2022/
The M3C and M4 were part of the contenders list at the bottom.
In the physical magazine, there's a blurb about why they chose the CT4 over the M3; "Perhaps you've noticed that the Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing made the list and the BMW M3 didn't." "Well, that's because the Cadillac is more fun, handles better, and is the superior sports sedan."
IF you can get one, I would def take a look prior to the BMW. Especially since it costs less.
I had a 2016 ATS-V 4 door w/ a 6spd, and I now have a G80 M3 on order. There are a few reasons why I'm not considering the CT4-V BW: Quality, size, and feel.

The interior quality of the Cadillacs is fine at best, but just not nearly as nice as what BMW offers. Had several issues with the infotainment system, had two wear points on the interior that had indentations left where my elbows frequently sat, and it just felt very dark inside. The seats were comfortable enough, but just felt a bit cheaper. My current X5 has been miles better in terms of fit, finish, and quality of components.

As for size, the back seats were more or less unusable. I could squeeze people behind me in a pinch, but anyone of any height couldn't really fit behind me at all, or I'd have to drive with my knees around my ears. My sister has a G20 3 series and there's much, much more seating room in there.

The final issue for me was driving experience. For all the platitudes people give the Alpha chassis, it just never really did it for me. The magnetic ride suspension is nice, but nothing earth shattering. The steering always felt a bit vague or not quite where I was expecting the input to be. I had a 2014 228i and it was miles better in terms of handling, and driving my sisters G20, it feels pretty similar.

So even though the price might be less, living with the car just isn't worth the savings to me. The CT5-V BW makes up for a lot of these ills, but I checked with a few dealerships before placing my order for the G80 and basically got told, "we have no idea if or when we'll be getting any allocations at all, and if we do, we already have a few people in line". So that was a no go.

The last thing I'll add is that while many want to criticize the styling of the M3, I've grown to really love it. The Cadillac just looks a bit boring and dated to me now.
Appreciate 0