View Single Post
      01-11-2021, 07:37 AM   #1
ShiftingG82
Rep
Drives: BMW G82 M4, 6 speed manual

G8x M3/M4 buyers: do you rent or own a home?

Good Morning from NY. I've been thinking about this since I saw the G82 in person.

I would like to know how many others who are pulling the trigger on a G8x M3/M4 are still renting an apartment. I really want a G82 but I'm tired of renting and want a home for myself where I could park my cars inside my own garage. If I pull the trigger on the G82 I won't be able to buy a house for another five years which doesn't really bother me that much, but it will be on the back of my mind especially since I don't have a garage near my current location so I'll end up parking the car on the street.

I know the car is going to lose value everyday I drive it, while a house might stay the same or go up in value in most cases. But, I'm a car guy, I love cars, I do most of my mechanic work myself, and LOVE high speed, shifting my own gears, and car technology. I've had numerous days where work was horrible, but the minute I turn on my car I forget about everything and just pay attention to the operating temperature of the car before I hammer it! Sadly, when I come home from a horrible day at work I don't admire my apartment. I just want my bed and start a new day the next day.

I just want to know how irrational or rational my thoughts are and whether I'm the only one that's going through this. If you were in a similar boat in the past can you tell me what you ended up going with and how things are now?
Appreciate 3