Quote:
Originally Posted by bsmf8x View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth 330i View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsmf8x View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by karguy95 View Post
The car is going to be at the top in its class in performance and everything else. I think people are underestimating BMW. With its new AWD and 500hp it would be the perfect daily. i like to drive my sport/performance cars in the worst type of weather conditions and still feel safe. F8X with a tune (500hp) isnt fun in the winter, actually pretty dangerous with cold tires and turning at speeds even at 40mph.
Temps near me are ~45 degrees and the F8x went from a blast in the summer to borderline useless/dangerous now.

It's either you leave traction on and let it bog the car down or you take it off and let the car snap every which way with hopes you have the ability to correct it.

I'm a rwd fanatic, love slippage (controlled) but because the m3 serves as a daily sports car I think the awd makes sense.
what tires?
Continental extreme contact sport stock sizes. Car came with them, bought it used.

Keep in mind I could perfectly hook, no wheelspin at 20-30 mph, second gear, flooring it, traction off over the summer when the tires were pretty much the same amount of tread. I think at one point I could do a first gear pull, no wheel spin but that day was like 100 degrees and my tires were really hot.

The thing is though, obviously they're summer tires so it's expected at lower temps. But awd and summers do a ton better than rwd and summers at 35-50 degrees F.
summer tire compund below 45deg is like hockey puck. Your initial post did not make sense to folks that know a few things about cars and science.

AWD has benefits for the initial traction upon start but you pay penalties in many other areas. For me lower weight and rwd is more important than 0-60.
Appreciate 0