06-06-2019, 08:53 PM   #406
seis-speed
#savethemanuals
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M | GT3 | J392 | GRc

Quote:
Originally Posted by midlifecrisis View Post
I was holding out for a G80 MT after selling my E90 M3 and skipping over the F80. Now I may be out of luck. What else is out there? Not much, and what is available with a MT involves compromise. I ended up buying a Miata RF. Decided if I couldn't get a 4 door MT I should broaden my search. The way it drives delights me the way the old BMWs used to - at half the price. I hope I can have one more M3 with a stick, but until then I'm very happy.
Good for you!

I will stretch the budget (various Porsche products) or drive something with economical appeal (Veloster N), but in today’s world of busy streets and detached cars, the manual has never been more appealing. Rarely do I get above 4th gear unless on a freeway, most driving is 1st-3rd which is always fun with a manual.

For those looking for a new car, 6MT and 4doors, Don’t forget the Golf R. There will be a new 2020 Golf R next year, so if you need the latest model be advised. Also on the horizon, the new STI will be here to compete against the Golf R. I still hold hope that Ford will come back with the Focus ST and RS.

Used, there are many choices and check dealer inventory, You never know what can be had, (F80, A4, Focus RS/ST) also if you buy a model still under warranty they can be extended much cheaper than BMW’s extended warranty.

Appreciate 1