Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fhey View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
I agree about the PR hit. If they ditch the MT, that's the nail in the coffin for BMW's enthusiast supporters. They will almost surely look elsewhere if forced to buy auto.
But what alternatives are there? (Not trying to be snarky. Genuinely interested)
Well at this point people will consider the Audi's, Benz's, etc. The MT was a differentiating factor; it was/is the last option for those of us who want tactile involvement with our vehicles. Without that option, people might as well look at some of those handsome Audi's on the road, for example. I know people will exclaim, "....but BMW's drive better!"......but how much better?!?! To many, BMW lost its competitive edge years ago as the experience had become less analog and more digitized, so I am not sure I'll buy that argument (...although I consider the F8X to be a phenomenal car that I have loved since its inception, and having owned at least 17 BMW's - many of which were ///M's - it is my favorite BMW thus far; I'm on my second ///M4). The MT has kept me in the BMW camp. It they ditch it, my only options are to A) keep my current ///M4, B) look at the ///M2 CS, or C) move to Porsche.
Appreciate 7
JTO245276.00
Payamm338.50
WWM3968.00
mkoesel7514.50
MT4life575.50
Rxpert186.50