04-06-2021, 11:40 AM   #8
Rick955
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinGS View Post
Unbelievable that those designs look like a step back than a step forward to me. They both look 340i-ish. Not bad, but not enough 'M' in them.

The only alternative or grill mod I've liked so far is the simple body-colored bar splitting the top and bottom portions of the grill...and I even waffle on that solution being "better". For some colors, I think the center body-colored bar looks decent, and in others, not so much.
Agreed. The more designs I see, and some are OK, I just fall back to the unaltered one again. Most people are leasing and you'd be nuts to take a chance with anything significant like removing the entire front. If you couldn't return it to spec you'd be screwed. Almost 80% of those that voted so far either like or are OK with it as is... and this is from BMW loyalists like us! Those on the outside and I remember a video posted with a bunch of detailers showing signs on how much the liked the new grill... 80% liked it as do outsiders that are not BMW savvy at all. Most say it's "very aggressive" looking, and are pretty clueless when you mention "the older BMW kidney grills"... they're like lol. Those thinking LCI will magically transform the entire front will likely be disappointed. Even if BMW decides on change, I'd be shocked to see anything significant before the H. German's can be stubborn (I grew up with one! lol) ... BMW may even double down!
Appreciate 1
KevinGS3360.50