10-10-2020, 04:53 PM   #14
Avaley
Captain
Rep
Drives: f32 430ix & 982 GT4 PDK

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by solstice View Post
I drove by a local dealer yesterday to see if they had a G22 4 series since I haven’t seen the new 4 shape in real life yet. Sadly they had none.

Honestly there is not a single BMW that excites me even a little from looking at them. The 8 series including the M8 should be on top of a list of cars doing that but it just isn’t. It’s plain and boring looking. The front is the big let down as it was with the i8.

Actually the M5 does have some presence but not the 8.

Nothing like the old 8 series or the E60 M5 days when the cars just made me drool in the show rooms. I suspect the G8X will bring some of that back. And to be fair a visit to the Porsche dealer is pretty similar, only the GT cars styling evoke the right emotions from styling alone. The Taycan is the worst but the non GT 911s aren’t much better. Plain and boring stuff until you get behind the wheel...
haha i drop into my dealer to check in every time i pass by too...feel like i need to see it in person.

Agreed with you on all those points! For me the only BMW cars that get me excited that they currently make is the M2CS, M3/M4 CS. While the M5 does have some presence imo it doesn't have that eyecandy appeal. But that v8....

The Taycan analogy is spot on and agreed that the non GT cars just don't scream special and barely turn heads, but I guess the Taycan is the ultimate stealth super car. The GT styling really just makes the car scream "look at me i'm a track car" while say even if I see a GTS 4.0 my reaction is ha! look at the gutted turbo 4 posrche as nothing makes it standout other than a 4.0 badge.

Not sure if you had seen this M5 crush a ferrari 488

Appreciate 2
solstice5457.50
zamboni1130.50