12-11-2022, 07:21 PM   #14
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 sDrive 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangerus_car View Post
So 7 years of usage means it’s 5th gen intel. I would upgrade the ssd to 128 or 256gb for less than $100 (probably $50), then that laptop would last you another 5 years.

And your win 8 license can give you free upgrade all the way to windows 11.

I am pretty sure the HD is the performance bottle neck.

If you are a bit handy, you can mention make and model, then i will search youtube for a hdd replacement. Pop the new ssd in, then download win 11 iso, put it in usb and then install windows 11.

Not that difficult but time consuming
Tx for your offer to help, but I dunno if I'm adept enough for this...I'm afraid I'm gonna open it up wrong and short-circuit something haha. Well, if they have clear step-by-step instructions, maybe. I don't wanna give the impression that I'm all thumbs, I'm competent in other stuff, but computers (hardware and software) make be nervous/irritatable haha.

Just to clarify, I have a 750gig HDD and will require a SSD that is at least as big. Are they the same size generally-speaking so whatever SSD will fit where the HDD used to be? I haven't the slightest clue about these things, unfortunately.

I guess only after I get the SSD should I bother w the Windows upgrade...is that painless to do?

If you still think that you can take this noob under your wing, here goes (tx again):
Acer Aspire E1-572P-6427
The richest one percent of this country owns half our country's wealth, five trillion dollars. One third of that comes from hard work, two thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons and what I do, stock and real estate speculation...It's bullsh*t. I create nothing. I own. We make the rules, pal...Now you're not naive enough to think we're living in a democracy, are you buddy?
Appreciate 0