United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 Focus ST, 2022 M3Cx

Garage List
2013 Ford Focus  [0.00]
2022 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinzzze View Post
I don't think most people on the forums are hardcore audiophiles as many are streaming music through wireless CarPlay. Equalizer is a quick fix, the default's mid is way too strong. However I don't get why people are chasing a strong low-end as I can't stand the maxed out low-end of this system (maybe I'm the rare few who don't enjoy rap or modern western pop).

Clarity of the HK is good, maybe lacking in sound stage compared to my HD800s but we are not looking at a top-end sound system here.

Plan to do more fine-tuning tomorrow and share my result.
I'm not looking to rattle my trunk lid from the bass or anything, but...this stereo is just thin. The "Sony" stereo in my 8 year old Focus is VASTLY superior...and there should be nothing in an 8 year old Focus that's better than what comes in a brand new BMW.

I'm just looking for a more satisfying, full sound without being overweighted anywhere. Keeping my eyes out for potential hardware upgrades, although I really don't want to tear the car apart to do that and introduce all the rattles and panel creaks that inevitably come along with the un/re install. Meanwhile, will continue fiddling with EQ settings...
Appreciate 1
Matt21435.00