Rep
Drives: BMW 335I, 750li, X5 G80

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwt2440 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDUNITNOW View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwt2440 View Post
Off topic but I remember the cops and judges were ruthless when it comes to speeding in the dc metro. Especially in VA. How do you guys drive the G8X without getting thrown in jail???
I haven't gotten the break-in service done yet. Honestly, it's a gamble you take, and I try to pick out areas where there is less traffic and police. I'm going to invest in a radar detector and have waze up so I can have some protection. There is a place on 295 before my exit, and I can get up to 120 before I jump off. Does anyone else have suggestions?
I was born and raised in dc but town after college so it's been about 20 years since I've lived there. I remember we would haul ass over the cabin John bridge (is it still called that) between VA and MD as cops wouldn't cross state line to get you. Or at least that was the theory for a quick run up to a high speed.
Not what it used to be, especially in Northern Virginia. They actually have undercover cops that trap you into a race and then pull you. I live in Glen Allen VA, and between county and state police, it's a gamble on your license. My insurance only went up 600 bucks, adding the M3, so I'm overly cautious. I had a guy in a C7 trying to egg me on yesterday on 95, and I just let him go.
04 BMW X5
11 BMW 335i convertible (sold, sellers market
Appreciate 1
jwt2440180.00