View Single Post
      04-16-2008, 12:38 AM   #7
The Chad
Private
Rep
Drives: Honda S2000

Well, I spent 5 years in a convertible with a decent stereo, but lost to the fact that I have a convertible roof. I would want a nice setup that I really can enjoy. So there's a "for sure".

Secondly, I have had Sirius for 2 years (XM for 2 before that) and I hate to admit that I love it. Yes, SQ could be better, but for new music it's nice. I live in BFE so local channels are all crap. I like, believe it or not, to have a DJ talk once in awhile, but not have commercials. This is the on audio option that I believe is WAY overpriced. OEM charges more, I get it, but $595 for something that is less than $200 at MSRP for aftermarket? However, I'm hooked so it's like a junkie on crack.

iPod adapter? Well there is a few times where there is nothing on my Sirius presets to listen to, and it's nice to have my entire music library with me, if I'm in the mood for something. Also, if I want awesome sound quality, it's my choice.

I've never listened to HD Radio, and while local channels support it, I can't ever see myself switching to it. However, the price is the cheapest of all the previous choices, and I'm a techie so I like to have the option to enjoy it (when I travel to larger areas). $350 over the duration of the loan for something like that I probably wouldn't mind paying for, even if I really don't use it. I may not get it, but I dunno.

Factory integration counts for something, but CNET last year proclaimed the 3 series their tech car of the year. I wouldn't be surprised if the 1er gets it this year. I'd be remiss to not load up on the tech goodies.

All-in, with Sirius subscription, you are paying less than $100/month (assuming a loan of 5 years with a not great interest rate of $20 per $1000 financed) to have a virtually limitless access to music and entertainment. For some people, this isn't important. Good on ya for not being sucked in. For some of us though, it's the price you pay.
Appreciate 0