View Single Post
      01-27-2022, 11:14 AM   #401
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3WC View Post
It is because they are different now. BMW use to win comparos simply on feel and driver involvement back in the day. Now they are all about stats, like the R35 GTR was when it came out. R/T is just pointing out they have changed, it isn't really putting down the car to be honest.

Exactly. Lost count how many times AMG fanboys lost their sh1t and said magazines where paid off by BMW.

Hence, R/T mentioning the M2CS as being the latest gen to match old school BMW. They all said they believe more is coming from BMW. For them the current M4 isn't what they like, but acknowledge its quickness and abilities.

Some media and BMW fanboys are trying to say new acceleration numbers come at a cost of losing the "non-measurable nonsense". The "non-measurable nonsense" is why R/T was drooling over the Blackwing.
To be honest, I rarely read these reviews so maybe I missed something. My opinion is that it really depends which BMW you're talking about. I own an M2C and had a chance to drive a G80 Comp with Carbon Buckets, and in no way would I call that car souless. At the same time, I don't expect a car that big and heavy to drive like an E36 M3 either. I will say I found the steering response of the car to be very impressive, especially with 3 other people in the car.

Sometimes, it just doesn't make sense to compare apples to oranges, regardless of what that badge says on the trunk.
07 E85 Z4M Roadster, Alpine White/Red, 6MT
99 E36 M3, Techno Violet/Dove Grey, 6MT
Appreciate 1
AlexFL7837.00