View Single Post
      01-24-2022, 09:30 PM   #397
AlexFL
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveinArizona View Post
There is nothing wrong with brand loyalty but it should go both ways. BMW used to care for its loyal customers with the Euro buying plan (now cancelled), ability to order a car exactly as you like (the problems right now are not totally BMW's fault given the parts shortage but BMW could be more transparent), car design (basically attacking those loyal followers who didn't like the new snouts) and change for change's sake so BMW muscle memory suddenly ceases to work on certain features.

Cadillac makes an excellent product in the Blackwing series. If a few parts sneak in from the GM parts bin, so be it. BMW makes an excellent product as well. They each excel in different ways.
Steve, I don’t know about you but BMW NA really takes care of me. I still receive my 10% off MSRP on any new BMW besides the two new CS models and Alpinas while others grossly overpay their local Ford and Kia dealers. They service my heavily modified BMWs without any further questions. Try to do that with your local Cadillac dealer. I also get regularly invited to the BMW events on my local Palm Beach International Raceway, obviously for free. Nope, I really can’t complain about BMW NA - top customer care.

I do agree that the Blackwings are great cars. Too bad they decided to make only a tiny number of those and they are all sold out. Cadillac’s motto: watch the Blackwings, and now go buy the boring XT5 crossovers.
Appreciate 1
CJ4211559.00