Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by upsidedownfunnel View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dinonz View Post
Why think twice about BMW though? It's not like you can get a manual anywhere else, and surely that's not the sole reason you got the car?
If BMW ditches the manual, then all of a sudden there are a ton of other cars that might be just as or even more desirable than an M3. There's the Giulia QV, the C63S , the RS4.

Some people have a large preference for manual transmissions. For some people it might be 10% of their decision, for others it could be 50%. If the manual transmission was just enough reason to have some choose the M3 over another car, no longer having the MT available could be the impetus to try out that competitor.
For me, the 6MT is pretty much the reason why I'm only considering the M3. I've test driven the Alfa Quad, C63s and M3. Yes, Alfa was fun to drive and C63s was a beast but I want to get back into a manual.

And I agree with your assessment, if the next gen M3 does not come in manual, then those other vehicles will move up considerably. Add in the RS5 sportsback as well!
Appreciate 0