View Single Post
      01-29-2022, 05:12 PM   #65
IL Pete
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 718 GT4, G87 M2 coming

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyleemile View Post
Fellow black-on-black owner who's also having /some/ buyers remorse on not picking a more differentiated color and not getting the Carbon Bucket seats.

The car is so aggressive and in black it's makes it look vicious. Which I love. I often catch myself day dreaming about another color—my issue is I don't like the other colors more than black on this car, but I like the idea of having more "pop".

As for the carbon buckets, I'm 6'2 athletic build and occasionally find myself sliding in seat during spirited drives. Adjusting the bolsters to the highest setting has helped a lot. I haven't had a chance to sit in the carbon buckets yet, but as my daily I fear how annoying and uncomfortable getting in and out of them would be in a daily basis. That being said the CB's are beautiful and differentiated and that's what caused the occasional remorse.

Im leasing for 3 years. Sometimes I consider if I should swap for color and CB's. I'm really bought-in on the G8x platform and might hold out on replacing until lease is up. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they'll make the CS with a manual, despite early rumors pointing the other way.
I did put a deposit down for an allocation to get another M3 Base Manual with Carbon Buckets. I am finding the M Sport Seats to not hold me in as tightly as I like (and am used to with the 18 Way Sport Seats in the Cayman). I am pretty sure I will like the Carbon Buckets much better! (I have driven in them, in a test drive last May.)

For color I am pretty sure I am going to do Individual Donington Grey with Fiona Red Full Leather. I am very picky with regards to colors, and while there are a ton of Grey/Silver choices, I want an old school lighter silver with no green or blue, a hint of beige/gold, and a lot of metallic flake. Donington seems to fit the bill.

This time around I am also going to add the Carbon Exterior Package.

Allocation is predicted to come up in April or so. The Individual Paint selection will supposedly add 8-10 weeks to the build slot timing. Fine by me, the LCI starts with July production, it will be interesting to see what changes come with that...

In the meantime, I will enjoy the one I have!

AA Single Midpipe + Axle-Back Exhaust came in today, getting that and Spacers (15mm front, 13mm Rear) installed, hopefully this week.
Appreciate 1
translux481.00