View Single Post
      01-27-2022, 07:49 AM   #56
bri1042
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2021 IOMG M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by IL Pete View Post
Relative to the M3, it did not at all feel special, to me. Big, heavy, high center of gravity, body roll in turns, all that. It was fast and sounded good, but was not nearly as fun as the M3, in Manual or Auto.

I have come to learn over the years that I am not really an SUV guy. The only SUV I have driven that I have liked is the Macan. I had a 2020 GTS briefly, and it was pretty great, drove like a Sportscar on stilts. Even still, I didn't love it and sold it after a month and bought the Cayman GTS.

My wife drives SUVs. I don't mind riding in it as a Passenger, but I don't enjoy driving it.

The M3 to me is perfect for an allrounder. The RWD is great for the Chicago Winters as long as you have Snow Tires.
Right there with you on it. The only two SUV's I've driven that I somewhat enjoyed were a Macan GTS (an '18? I forget...) and the X3MC that I test drove multiple times. When I think about convenience, and visibility, and other such things, I see the point of moving to an SUV. The gods above and below certainly know that the hatchback would be convenient at Costco...

But driving them, it's been clear on every SUV drive that I've taken that they aren't for me...especially considering my eventual realization that I absolutely had to go back to a manual while I still could.
Appreciate 0