GregW / Oregon
Commander-In-Chief
Rep
Drives: 2023 M2 Coupe, 2020 GLE 450

Garage List
Shift quality

Quote:
Originally Posted by IL Pete View Post
The Transmission - That is my number one gripe so far, is the shifting, particularly the well documented rough 1-2 shift. It is actually one of the primary reasons I didn't buy the M2C or M2 CS, they both had that too (sort of in a different way), and I was worried I wouldn't get used to it. The Porsches felt much more natural and smooth shifting, which was one of the reasons I went that direction, but just as much so it was that glorious 4.0L naturally aspirated engine that revs to 8K RPMs. Back to the M3, I am getting used to it, a little. Thanks so much to you guys here, there were some great tips on how to best execute that 1-2 shift, and that has helped a lot. I did do the BMS Clutch Stop mod the first day I had the car, that helped a lot with regards to clutch feel, it got rid of that weird "bottomless clutch" feeling, but for me it didn't seem to help with the 1-2 shift. But like I said, I do feel better about it now, I am starting to get used it.
On my F82 manual I found the shifting continued to improve up to about 10k miles and I have no complaints about it now at 45k. Is this one much different?

Greg Lake Oswego, Oregon, USA
2023 M2 Coupe - Brooklyn Grey/Cognac/CF, 6MT; 2020 MB GLE 450
Appreciate 0