12-30-2021, 11:42 AM   #1
TouringM3
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '18 F80 6MT / '16 F31

Garage List
Car YouTubers ... how the hell did some get so prolific

Hey pals –

I've had this thought rattling around my dome for a while now and i'd love to know what you all think.

There are a number of automotive YouTubers, some are great, some are not, and there are a lot i'm not about to talk about, because i'm going to mention the ones I think are terrible and am completely perplexed by their success.

Doug Demuro – consistency aside, how the fuck did this two loose t-shirt wearing goofball make the same goddamn video about every car under the sun manage to amass the number of subscribers and views as he has? I cannot wrap my mind around it. The biggest quirks and features are his YT metrics.

Hoovie – My only exposure to this guy is from Tavarish's (love him) CarTrek shows and I have to skip through his segments, it pains me.

Ed Bolian & VinWiki – Seems like somebody who grew up flying on a PJ because his parents had money, decided to create a quasi aristrocratic vocal tone while making a social network nobody uses and then a YouTube channel.

On the fence – Rob Ferretti – some stuff (such as the show "Sorted") is really great, but a lot of his solo videos are pretty terrible. I do feel bad his collection got flooded though, sucks.

OK, so this isn't a big rant-fest only, there are a number I really love:
• Jason Cammisa
• Emilia Hartford
• Jon ThicWhips
• Tavarish

So, am i taking crazy pills? Do any of you love these three

Instagram: @TouringM3
Appreciate 0