Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroidRobot View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by S@v3f3rris View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmg View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solarium View Post
I'm expecting to drive my G80 xDrive mostly in AWD mode as well, even if I go on a track. I can imagine the only time I will drive in 2WD would be a time that I want DSC completely off, as I now occasionally turn off to do some power slides on the street. I would only use the M Drive pro in a specific occasion on the track to practice drifting, but I don't think I'm good enough of a driver to drift like the way they do on the youtube videos
I'm a bit confused. Can you completely turn off DSC with the X-Drive? I'm planning to get the X-Drive primarily for tracking.
When shifting to 2WD on the xDrive DSC is off. Think I saw something on the 4wd system that said front wheels use dsc system to determine when to engage in 4WD or 4WD Sport so only way to have 2WD is for the DSC system to be totally off. M drive professional allows you to add adjustable traction control that will work for the rear wheels when the DSC is off.
correct meaning it's not really DSC off, I have it in my car as seen in the below pic

when I think DSC off you have 0 stability control this adds it back in different degrees so while technically it is still DSC off you have control
Be careful there's a difference between DSC (Stability Control) and TC (Traction Control). Using the 10 stage TC system in RWD mode gives you the ability to set the level of Traction Control but it does not provide any Stability Control (i.e. DSC is still off). For example, when DSC is ON it uses ABS in certain situations but in your case it'll be OFF.

2022 G80 M3 Comp M xDrive
Appreciate 1