View Single Post
      02-28-2023, 03:02 PM   #17
Quadruple VANOS
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghaffari46 View Post
I agree that not having a garage especially in northern states is a problem for EV owners but more and and more apartment buildings are installing EV chargers to attract more people , i have an apartment in dc and they are installing charger in the basement (for a fee) which will eliminate my supercharger use for my travel to dc and come back home.
What is missing in these calculations are the amount of time and efforts for fueling up your ICE car, even onces a week fueling translates at least 20-30 minutes a month, and i hate any second of it especially in crazy Pennsylvania winter. If you have all the pieces in place you spend zero extra time to charge your car, like you never go to a different place to charge your cell phone.
With these new laws and incentives I already saw plans for expanding EV infrastructure, I think every thing will be much smoother for mass population very soon, inventing the wheel again by going after hydrogen sounds a little silly.
The crap part of these ‘common’ charging systems is that you can’t just plug your vehicle in when you get home and forget about it until morning. You have to go back down to your car in a few hours and move it away from the charger so it’s available for use by others. Then there’s the issue of your neighbors not moving their car away from the charger so you’re juiced up and ready for the next day. Not sure why I’d voluntarily add this complexity to my everyday.
Appreciate 5
DM5PAV375.00
rilla84.50
bandersen590.00
M3 boi3211.00