05-11-2022, 12:30 PM   #51
Remonster
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLF69 View Post
Guessing with the S58 impressive tech and improvements over the S55 we can assume it doesn't need it. Its a a cool system but in the real world an annoyance when doing track days.

May 20 can't come soon enough !
The lower compression ratio of S58 should reduce or negate the need for the water injection system which was there to allow for aggressive ignition timing in conjunction with increased boost and compatibility with 91 octane gas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by solstice View Post
I’d say that’s a very conservative guess and more or less guaranteed. The PSC2 R alone almost get you there and with 40 hp extra you’re there. Then you have 100 kg plus weight savings and most likely high end coilovers for firmer better damping, better aero and a likely lower cog and my guess is between 7:10 and 7:15. And I suspect 540 hp is bs and the engine will effectively generate a lot more power than what is expected from the rated output.
I was also hoping for proper passive coilovers like on the GTS models but the video talks about setting up software for the damping so I guess that means EDC is staying. Good news for other G8x owners who want to code it in.
Appreciate 0