Hawkeye
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4 Coupe, '21 X3, '16 GMC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAP View Post
Blanton's is great... and that's coming from a Scotch guy... no way would I pay the resale prices but for a store price... its one of my favorite bourbons.

Also, just bought the Bulleit Blenders Select... at 100 ABV its an amazing bottle for $55... give it a shot if you haven't.
Blantons is good, not great. If you want Blantons but can't find it, look for Ancient Ancient Ancient Age (yes 3 Ancients). It is pretty much the exact same juice sub $20. You also miss out on a fancy marketing bottle and topper but you can always refill an empty and nobody will be able to tell (I know a few people that do that already).

Quote:
Originally Posted by 330indy View Post
Blanton's is good
And the John Wick series helped
But
I'm looking for newest underrated bourbons that are attainable...
Good and not quite taken off yet...
Early Times BiB is amazing at sub $25, it sits easily with $40-50 bottles
Elijah Craig BP offerings are way better than the 18 (that is watered down)
Michters American Whiskey is easy to find some places and probably my favorite daily drinker at around $40
If you can find a Knob creek pick from 1+ years ago they were doing 14-15y stuff and it was fantastic for sub $50. The more recent picks are 8-10y and not nearly as good IMO.
Wild Turkey Rare Breed (can find sub $50 around me) and Kentuck Spirit are both ones I keep a backup of.
Old Forrester 1910 and 1920 are both really good as well and usually pretty easy to find ~$50

I should also mention that if you like anything that is MGP sourced you should likely stock up now... MGP just bought LuxCo and will likely just start marketing most of their good stuff themselves going forward. Almost anything that says distilled in Indiana is going to be MGP sourced.
2021 BMW x30i • Phytonic Blue Metallic • Fully loaded
Appreciate 0