View Single Post
      11-08-2022, 07:25 AM   #29
bri1042
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2021 IOMG M3 6MT

I need to carry passengers quite often, I only own one car (and have no desire to change that), manual was a must, and I'd prefer the MSRP to be no higher than 80k US. And the car must fit in my side of our garage without me having to figure out somewhere else to store my second set of wheels.

The CT4-V BW would have been a contender if it had been available in March of 21 or thereabouts. The CT5 is too big.

The Mach 1 Mustang was a possibility but the backseat doesn't quite do what I need it to, it's missing features I wanted (360 camera as an example), and I seriously dislike the interior of the current Mustangs.

The Camaro overall packaging doesn't work for me and multiple test drives couldn't convince me to live with the poor visibility. I was less impressed with the SS 1LE engine than some on this forum. The ZL1's fuel economy and ride were unacceptable.

The faster Dodge beasts are too big and I do not like how they drive.

The WRX and STI's overall performance were too much of a step backwards and they felt cheap.

The 718 or 911 were both too expensive once option (a base Cayman 6MT could be spec'd to a reasonable price without ADM but I couldn't really carry adult passengers in any 718 or 911).

End of the day, ONLY the CT4 BW and M3/M4 actually fit my requirements. That's a scary thought for what happens next, whenever that might be.
Appreciate 0