Mavus
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E90 335i, F80 zcp

Quote:
Originally Posted by R N M View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSchnee View Post
You specifically said the 911 dash was analog, so I was making sure people were aware that only the tach is analog. The 992 911 dash looks just like my 9Y0 Cayenne's. I also have sport chrono, and yes that is still an analog second hand.
I don’t mind digital as long as its done right.
The new Nissan Z and BRZ/86 have all digital clusters but they look perfectly integrated and seem to fit the nature of the car. I can’t see how an Ipad screen looks right in a car like M2 when same design is on iX suv.
copy paste … i.e. cost cutting coming from CEO focused only on decreasing the number of parts per vehicle but it is sad they are losing focus of integrated dash design especially on M cars. That dash design will never look good. If I was a designer of a well established manuf. I would be embarassed to approve that layout. The same is true for Tesla and other interior designs with tacked on ipads.

There is a radical shift in car manuf. coming where h/w will not be as big of a differentiator as s/w in the coming years for ev and hybrid vehicles.
Appreciate 1
Moflow2484.50