View Single Post
      06-29-2022, 01:47 AM   #3240
Slow_and_Curious
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinGS View Post
Thanks

As for how much it's lowered (and I'm on the MSS HAS kit, version 1 - as I was one of the first 10 buyers of the MSS HAS kit), I don't even know. It can obviously go lower, but this sits just fine for my tastes.

The MSS HAS kit V1 did change the ride quality a bit. And as you can see, I'm not super low. The stock suspension soaks up bumps better than the MSS HAS kit. My car with the MSS V1 will "crash" into a bump, you can really hear it through the cabin. Maybe it sounds worse than what it is, but it SOUNDS bad. The stock springs managed bumps better.

But the car is not "jiggly", it doesn't ride bouncy or anything. It simply doesn't handle bumps all that well. It jolts the car. It's my biggest complaint with the MSS kit.

But I just came back from the infamous Tail of the Dragon, having spent 3 days driving some of the most challenging roads in Tennessee, NC and GA, and the MSS HAS kit performed really well coupled with the stock suspension and Michelin PS4S stars. And we drove spiritedly, on some very twisty roads, 6 hours/day. An absolute thrill, and though the G82 was hampered by its size and weight in the most challenging, narrow sections (M2s, E46s, and E9Xs faired much better), the G82 was truly impressive with its road-holding and consistent braking. The G82 is super planted, and there were times when I was literally past the limit in low-speed hairpins, where the front end just pushed (pure understeer). And mine is RWD. AWD G8X will have even more traction.

If you truly love driving but don't want to put your car on the track, I highly recommend this annual event in Tennessee: https://www.mvadingthedragon.com/
Thanks for the feedback, appreciate it! My car is coming next month and am debating whether to go HAS or Springs.

The event looks good, but I'm in the UK 😊
Appreciate 1
KevinGS3360.50