03-10-2021, 09:39 PM   #458
jdubm2c
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublime00 View Post
Adding all that crap will also add $20k+ to the price.

Give me a base m2 with a stick at the same price as F87...leave the nonsense paraphernalia and gimmicks for the M4.

Do agree with the IOMG.
They have a real chance to stagger the prices of the base vs. competition with this series, and cater to more than one group of buyer. Kind of following the format they are doing with the new M3M4, but manual option in all configurations.
Bring the base in at 415hp or so with limited options, and maybe almost a stripped down "raw" version. I am thinking $60k for the low end starter price.
Then bring in the Comp with 435hp (I think you need to keep this number under the current CS to keep things in line). Offer HUD, those new sweet seats and individual paint with the Comp and a lot of the 3/4 buyers would line up for it. I think even if it was pushing low end M3 territory on price. So, maybe $80k for an individual colored absolutely loaded comp. But also have the Comp available with manual and similar limited options that are offered now.
With no "new" grill, I think they could really grow sales for this model with a format like this.

Last edited by jdubm2c; 03-10-2021 at 10:19 PM..
Appreciate 0