12-31-2021, 02:35 PM   #12
BGM-M3COMP
The Ben Shapiro of this place. I never lose! LOL
Rep
Drives: 12 plaids on order

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroidRobot View Post
I have no idea but it's weird to say the least. I suspected it for a little while but it wasn't until I drove something else that it confirmed what I noticed. I'm referring to slower shifts when the car and oil are all up to temp, but he's cold is worse
Every single auto car i ever drove, old and new, even if you cold start the car it moves just fine. And let's say you have to move it really quick like you're blocking someone in, when i do that in the M3 when i want to take my C7Z out because the M3 is parked in front of it, i literally have to sit in the M3 for a couple of minutes before i can throw it into D. Otherwise the car doesn't move. Even with my foot completely off the brake. It won't move for a solid 5-8 seconds. Then because the cold start gives the engine a high idle, all of a sudden it will kick into gear and lurch foward. It's so annoying. I never experienced this ever in an auto car until this car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbethesda View Post
Delay after taking foot off brake is on purpose. The brakes hold for a few secs to prevent rolling back. Somewhat useful on manuals, useless on Autos (in my opinion).
Wait, are you sure this applies to the autos as well? I had brake hold or (hill assist) on my wrx before i got rid of it so i know that the car stays stationary with the foot off the brake for a couple of seconds if the car detects itself on any incline of some sort but the little bumper to bumper traffic i encountered with this car seems very strange.

Do you know if the dealer would check trans fluid?
Appreciate 1
playswcars3671.00