View Single Post
      03-21-2024, 12:49 PM   #13
SwankPeRFection
Captain
Rep
Drives: S4

Quote:
Originally Posted by m2for2 View Post
Thanks man. I actually was lowering the pressures in order to play around with what I felt was optimal grip.

When I do launch control (I have AWD btw) it felt like the tires couldn't grip... I figured they may have been overinflated as I was running them all around 40PSI.

Also, when I would turn into a 90degree corner sharply, it felt like the tires were skidding along the pavement instead of really gripping it.

This made me feel as if the tires were over inflated and not able to conform to the road in order to provide optimal grip.
At 40PSI, yes, it may be a little twitchy in turns, depending on tires. Michelins will usually do this. If you want traction for takeoff and in turns as well as quick handling at higher speeds, stick with 36PSI. I mean, look, you can run 32 or 30 if you’re looking for ultimate grip for flat out launches, you can, but how much do you launch on the street vs other drive needs to run those super low pressures? Again, only you can make that call, but tire type and sidewall stiffness will play a bigger roll in the handing issues you’re talking about more so than pressures. If you’re running Michelins, the soft sidewalls will make them squirmy no matter the pressure in my opinion and if you run them too low, you’ll roll over the sidewall even more and chunk them even easier.
Appreciate 0