View Single Post
      02-19-2024, 08:56 AM   #42
dentprotony@gmail.com
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 f85

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasillalov View Post
I already did all of the multiplication for piston area for 1 caliper. You are replacing a single caliper piston with a 4-piston caliper. The math I showed is for one of the calipers being replaced so the % of change in the area for other caliper would be the same.

I agree, the vast majority of braking is provided by the front brakes. The thing is, the rear brakes are used for more than stopping the car. Various controllers may choose to apply braking at various times for various reasons. For an example, during heavy rain, the car will gently squeeze the brakes to ensure the pads are dry in case of emergency braking is needed. Stability control may choose to engage one of the rear brakes during acceleration in hard cornering, etc. The various computer modules do not know that the rear bias will be so different and so you may notice weird behavior. On a track, if you have the same brake compound as oem, you will notice the car squatting first before the front brakes engaging. This can increase driver confidence in straight line braking, but can be quite unnerving during delayed braking and entering a corner.

Like I said, this solution has merit, one just needs to be careful and relearn their car afterwards.

Correct, but keep in mind assistants do not slam on brakes, they ‘feel’ out the car/braking/traction and react to it , because there could be water/mud/ice etc. this happens in a fraction of seconds but they do adapt to given conditions , i wanted to confirm if I deducted piston area correctly, its 3.14 times dia times amount of pistons per one side (2). Please let me know if that latter is the correct equation or i been calculating it all wrong
Appreciate 0