View Single Post
      03-02-2021, 02:51 PM   #49
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habber View Post
I think Chris Harris is fantastic and absolutely entertaining to watch however since I have to pay for my own tires and don't get the chance to be on a track as often as he does, I certainly can't use most of his impressions on my car buying decisions.
I'll agree to disagree. While yes, some of the hooning he does is not going to be something I do with my personal cars, I do appreciate his ability to provide feedback on things like the steering, brakes, cornering, grip, exhaust sound ect ect... I like that he compares it to previous M cars (he's got experience with them going all the way back to cars made in the 80s). The guy is also a race car driver, so his word means a lot more than say someone like Schmee. I even like feedback on how cars look from him, because we very much have the same taste.

I also like the fact that he has no problem shooting a car down when he doesn't like them. So much so that Ferrari banned him from reviewing cars for a bit. He's also tired of reviewing hyper cars and will drive a Citroen 2CV because he finds them "interesting".

I have all day in the world for a guy like that, tired of Youtubers talking about ability to rewind on Sirius XM.

P.S. I will say I far prefer him on Chris Harris on Cars vs Top Gear though. I also rate Henry Catchpole highly.
07 E85 Z4M Roadster, Alpine White/Red, 6MT
99 E36 M3, Techno Violet/Dove Grey, 6MT
Appreciate 5
Dr.Deep1827.00
irunalot1518.00
CanAutM321121.00
JustChris17503.50