Asmooth0101
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Lexus rx350

Quote:
Originally Posted by RideFAST View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike@x-ph.com View Post
The only downpipes that guarantee a no-check engine light are the Active Autowerke. There are other options but you get no guarantee, so if the check engine light is triggered you are on your own

I have the same intake, highly recommend
What about these?

https://www.shopapexbuilt.com/products/g8x-catless-dp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drift Master View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asmooth0101 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drift Master View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKSteve View Post
I ordered a set of catted (300 Cell) downpipes from R44 this week. I know they put something in their catless downpipes so that they don't throw a CEL, so I just kind of assumed the catted downpipes would be ok. Anyone heard differently?
R44 for 1300$ is the cheapest option for a 300 cell catted DP with no CEL. When you sell your car you can remove and install factory DP And get half your money back.

I am Planning to see how I like my car exhaust when I get it in few weeks. But I am planning a staged approach

Exhaust m/performance upgrade one.
1300$ R44 Catted DP with JB4 1000$ and high Flow intake for burger motor sport 200$.
You should get + 100-150 HP/Tq from that. Amazing value for 2500$. Legit 10 second car

Exhaust upgrade two :
CG PRECISION VSC-2 - VARIABLE SOUND CONTROLLER 200$ ( no cutting or welding and on and off reversing with the remote) 10 min install.

Exhaust upgrade three:
Secondary resonators delete with straight pipe at local muffler shop 200-300$
I have the bms cold air intake and the vsc valve controlled installed. I'm thinking about my next upgrade. Will catted downpipes make a big difference in the sound of the vehicle? I don't want anything crazy and like the low rumbling sound as opposed to the raspy sound. I was considering removing the first resonator as a next step but want to start getting some more power so was thinking to skip the resonator and go for the downpipes.
I would leave the mid pipe alone and do the downpipe, leave the secondary cats and resonator is in place, between a high flow down pipe and the valve and the intake your exhaust should be pretty good and if you need to later on you can remove the first resonator if you're still not happy with the sound, the downpipe will improve the performance especially if you add A tune

If you wanna take it to the next level still then a Axle back exhaust at that point

I was looking for a catted downpipe. Never heard of this company but thanks for sending because they also have a catted one with no check engine.

https://www.shopapexbuilt.com/collec...-hfc-downpipes
Appreciate 0