01-10-2022, 12:38 AM   #9
GGG333
m
United_States
Rep
Drives: M

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGW0RM View Post
I just got a g80 m3 comp and have had 4 m3 dcts before it. Plus 4 PDKs.

The zf is actually pretty dam good. I agree that dct is a little more fun. The harshness was what made me love it. But the ZF is such a better transmission. It's auto mode is flawless. It just shifts like you were driving it manually IMO.

Manual mode is plenty fast. I don't find it slower than DCT. I feel like people are totally exaggerating that. Mine shifts as fast as I ask it too.

I miss double pull back = neutral.
I miss how you could quick rev the engine before the DCT would kick in and move you.
I miss the break your neck shifts.

But the G8X m's are so much more car than the f series m cars. They are like two completely different cars to me. The zf is a much better choice in this car. I loved it in the f90 m5 too.

I'm a die hard 6mt guy who shifted to DCT. But still loved 6MT. And I also thought I was going to hate the ZF. But i actuality like it a lot.

I do wish they would allow both paddles pulled back to quick shift you into neutral. But that's about the only bummer thought I have about it.
Oh man reading about the quick revs while in drive before it kicks in being gone just honestly killed my mood
Mine is a week 3
Appreciate 0