View Single Post
      01-26-2022, 08:14 AM   #79
HeelToeShift
Major
Rep
Drives: Mine

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeregrineFalcon View Post
I'm sure the same thing can be said for the Carrera S engine.

True for the Cup 2 tiers, but the time with the PS4S was 7:33,86 so nowhere near to 6-8 seconds difference.

True for the Hockenheim, but if we look at this head to head test on this particular track, the time difference was less than 0,5 sec. for the RWD M4, and since the XDrive is on average 0,5 - 1 sec. faster, we can assume that on this track it would probably be as fast as 911 S.

911 is most definitely punching way above its HP rating, no doubt about it, but considering all other factors so is BMW M historically.
I simply prefer everything about M4 more, especially in this generation, and the fact that it is so close to the 911 S performance wise, but I definitely respect the 911 capabilities!
Yes, that is what is great about the M3 - it's a good blend of performance while being practical. BMW pulls nearly no punches with these cars and think this gen really nailed the things that I disliked on the F8x gen.
Having owned my fair share of 911s, I don't think they're underrated at all. Porsche is no a sandbagging company when it comes to power whereas BMW are significantly underrated. I definitely like that the M3 provides 911 base or a bit more performance because it's a great car when you need to fit people. When I want to drive a pinpoint weapon and sounds and feels more 'race car', my GT4 is hard to beat.

I don't agree with you re: M4 Xdrive since there was already a test for it (below) and the 992S was .6 seconds faster as I mentioned previously.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...tail&FORM=VIRE

M4XC did 1:53.9 and doubt it will suddenly shave off more than a half a second in another test especially when conditions there were very good.

The M4 time on the PS4S was def better but the 911 time was on crap Pirelli tires so id imagine the 911 would also be faster on PS4S since those tires are so great.

End of the day, I am glad the M3 is offered because the prices of many 911s are starting to touch areas where I cant justify. 200K for a C4S or C2S with Aerokit with the ADMs is just nutty.

Last edited by HeelToeShift; 01-26-2022 at 08:40 AM..
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan25258.00